Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You can call me Red! ;)

It's going to be a little bit more of a challenge than I thought to keep up with this daily, so I think it's going to have to be every few days, unless of course something is on my heart or mind and I need some butt kicking or encouragement or attaboys. :)

The Hubster is joining me on my journey, not only in supporting me, but in looking forward to being healthier physically as well. He's set some goals of his own, and I'm really excited to see him achieve them. Look for him on a bike more often! ;)

Part of my challenge right now is the calorie schedule. Laurie has me on a gradual decrease of calories each week, which obviously is smart, so my body doesn't think it's starving immediately and I can learn new habits, etc. I think my struggle is that I'm so afraid I'm going to eat TOO much that I have it in my head that I should be eating less than I really should. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm keeping VERY busy counting every single calorie that not only goes into MY mouth, but into Mike's as well, so that's a full-time job! That, and working out...which I'm loving right now, btw, and keeping up with housework, and family schedules.

I know that it's going to get tougher...I'm realistic...but right now, I'm loving the adrenaline that the exercise is producing. I'm trying to get more sleep at night, because I don't want to become overly tired...it's then, especially when the weather changes, that I tend to get sick. I'm standing against sickness this winter and I'm going to exercise it all away! :)

I went to get my bloodwork done on Monday and got the results in the mail today. It would be easy for me to excuse my weight because almost (with the exception of one) EVERY blood level in me is NORMAL! But I've seen the BMI and THAT is the shocker. THAT is what I want reduced. It doesn't have to be weight necessarily, I just want the BMI to go down.

Okay, I've rambled enough...I have workout today at 3:30 and I've got a weekly workout schedule made for myself now. I'm SO excited about it. :) 6 days a week people!! If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!!!! ;)

Blessings!!

oh, and P.S. the title is because of the picture...I'm no longer a blond. I needed a sassy color to go with my new sassy, kick-butt attitude! Thanks Carmen!!!

1 comment:

tammy said...

I think your sassy red is perfect for your new attitude.

Are you working out at a gym 6 days a week? Share what your workout looks like. :)