Saturday, October 11, 2008

Me? Love exercise??

I never would have thought I'd be saying this, but I am LOVING my workout times! I don't know if it's the challenge, the adrenaline, the time I get to just worship and pray as I'm doing it, or what, but I'm truly enjoying it and look forward to going each day! I think a good bit of it is the accountability I feel with this program, and also the challenge. I am determined to win this thing! :) And as I run into fellow "thrivers" out in the public or at the gym, I'm even more driven! ;)

I don't think I've said much about my calorie intake so far. Laurie put me on a plan that reduces my calories in different increments, slowly getting down to 1,100 over 15 weeks. (as my workout regimine increases at the same time) I love the gradual process. I allows me to see the true lifestyle change I'm making, not seeing this as just a "quick fix". I'm doing this for life. I've said that before, but by not having someone to guide me, I've always just drastically reduced my calories all at once, making myself feel like I was starving from the get-go.

My calorie program is as follows:

1900 for two weeks (almost to the end of this two weeks!)
1700 for two weeks
1500 for one week
1700 for two weeks
1500 for two weeks
1300 for one week
1500 for two weeks
1300 for two weeks
1100 for one week

And then we'll reevaluate where I need to be as far as calories/exercise. I have a "meeting" each week with Laurie, to go over my food/thoughts/workout journal, and to get weighed, bp and oxygen taken, etc. I'm even looking forward to those! Who'da Thunk?

No comments: